Easter is not far away, No need to break the bank!
As a mother and grandmother, along with being a money saver, I see many people this time of year almost in panic mode over Easter. Many don’t have many funds, some feel their children or too young, some feel the can’t compete with what someone else is doing. There are 2 things you need to know.
- This is not what Easter is about.
- You children would be happy with anything they get, it’s us adults who worry about this sort of thing not the kids.
People “buy into” Easter in different ways however your children will be happy to celebrate in the mannor in which you set things up. Our adult children know, the Easter Bunny doesn’t come to them:) We have a 14 year old and she loves those HUGE Kinder Eggs. She knows there is not an Easter Bunny obviously, however she lives at home and it stops questions from our 3 and 2 year old on why the Easter Bunny never came to her. We recently purchased 4 wheelers and it can get muddy and dirty. We recently purchased her a coat and pants that are waterproof, she doesn’t know, we will give it to her at Easter time. We would have given it to her anyways, however this way it’s a bit of a surprise that she’s not expecting. (Just because you get older doesn’t mean you don’t like surprises)
Devyn is almost 4 (in May) and Braylee is almost 2 (next month) they will be getting a basket very similar to the one above. The only items they will be getting that are different is they will be getting bathing suits, Devyn gets a soccer ball, Braylee a ball, both will get a chocolate bunny, & knock off crocs and approx $5 more worth of little toys each from the dollar store. Total cost for each of their “Easter stuff” is around $40 including basket.
Our 6 month old granddaughter, her mother recently mentioned she would love to switch to cloth diapers, we took it upon our self to buy her some and told her it was the babies Easter Present, however I also grabbed her a stuffed bunny from the dollar store and some teething type doll .
Our granddaughter Sophia, that is her basket above, her basket in total was approx $25, I tried to include pictures from all angles to give people ideas. Most items were purchased at the dollar store and the ONLY reason the kids got umbrellas was they were on clearance for $2.93, if they would have been full price they wouldn’t have needed them .
- Bubble wand
- Water Bottle – Winnie the Pooh
- Bowl – Winnie the Pooh
- Utensils – Winnie the Pooh
- Cup – Winnie the Pooh
- Love Walmart for $2 clearance T-shirts
- Skipping Rope
- Solar Powered toy from Giant Tiger
- Sweet Heart Hearts, Russel Stoffer Hearts and Kinder Eggs – Clearance from Valentine Candy
- Fillable Plastic Eggs with Faces with Hershey kisses, Kinder eggs fit in them, stretchable bunnies
- Silly straws with Minnie Mouse, Daisey Duck, etc
- Few little bouncing balls – too big to fit into a little ones mouth, not hard enough to break anything if it hit anything.
** Some of these items such as the bouncing balls, straws, Plastic Eggs, stretchable bunnies, Hershey Kisses & Kinder Eggs I purchased in packages and than divided them with the 3 girls.