See our previous post on Getting there and rental Car
Finding a place to stay
The next part of our Niagara trip was finding us places to stay. I received tons of feedback from from Coupon Nannie followers and think I have found overall an amazing deals! There are things you need to be aware of when looking for places to stay are all the hidden charges such as: Parking, resort fee, “breathing fee” (well not really a breathing fee but you would be shocked of all the things they try to tack on)
I would recommend you join Groupon & Wagjag They both have unbelievable deals on Niagara Falls and much more! They are both free to join and will help you save money. You can also earn CASH BACK on each purchase when you shop via Rakuten (Get $5 Sign up bonus when you spend $25) or Swagbucks (Get $3 Sign up Bonus when you earn $3) Both Rakuten and Swagbucks earn you cash back at Groupon and WagJag; sometimes as high as 8% Cash back and both always have extra coupons for Groupon and Wagjag giving you usually a minimum of 10% Extra Off your purchase!!
Our First Hotel I found was on Sale discounted drastically on Wagjag for $99.00 for a Thursday Night, I had a $10 credit on Wagjag for having a telus phone line (we get a credit monthly) and I found a 15% off code as well making this purchase $75. I went through Swagbucks to visit Wagjag and am getting 8% Cash Back!! Included with our $75 purchase is
- Spacious cityview room with 1 King
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- $70 Dining Voucher at Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- $20 Dining Voucher at Vittorio’s Italian Eatery
- $15 Dining Voucher at IHOP Restaurant
- $15 Dining Voucher at East Side Mario’s Italian Eatery & Bar
- Admission Passes for Two to Chocolate F/X Tour & Tasting
- $25 Slot Voucher for Fallsview Casino or Casino Niagara
- Wine Country Touring Passes, including:
- Free tasting for two or buy one, get one free tour at Peller Estates (Websites quotes tour for $35 per person) and Trius Winery (Websites quotes tour for $39 per person)
- Free tasting at both Wine Country Vintners locations
- Niagara Falls Fun Zone Family Pass ($29.99 per person value) : admission for up to four to Two Haunted Houses, Two Lazer Tags, Mini Putt, and Mirror Maze
- Captain Jack’s Fun Center Family Pass: admission for up to four to Lazer Maze, Pirate Themed Glow-in-the-Dark Mini Putt, Cannon Ball Blaster, and Time Freak ($25.00 per person)
- BONUS: Arrive Thursday and receive admission for two to Yuk Yuk’s Niagara Falls (I already booked the tickets which would have cost $25 each plus tax if we were not getting them free!! )
Friday we will move to a new hotel for the last 3 days of our stay and pay C$242.43 for ALL 3 days! This deal was scored off Groupon and we received 3% Cash Back via Swagbucks, free parking, no resort fees, breakfast included.
We are now up to $317.42 that include accommodations. I think it’s safe to say we have entertainment for 2 evenings, chocolate and wine tasting and tours would occupy an afternoon, breakfast 3 days and great vouchers for other places to eat. I don’t have much more “planning” unless I see a great deal to buy tickets, the rest we can sort of wing it, but I’ll be keeping track and see how we did.
***Please note there may be affiliate links in this post in which Coupon Nannie may make pennies on the dollar if you happen to purchase something.”