Coupon Nannie & Granddad Coupon (we’ll throw coupon in to make him feel special) are 100 PERCENT DEBT FREE!!!!
WHOOH!! 3 days past our goal of July 1st! Including any bills for the month !!! YEPPY!
As many of you know; budgeting, saving money, getting out of debt can be not an easy task. It takes work and commitment ! And many many do overs! The first question we were asked is “Are you going to buy a house”? We thought about that and well…… why would we immediately put our selves back in debt…..There must be another way!
I’m almost 40, hes just over 40 lol , our children are 20,17.11 and our granddaughter is 1 🙂 Our needs for a house is not going to change significantly over the years. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we are going to build a house and Do it WITHOUT a Mortgage!!!
I am going to need to use my skills!!
- To find additional ways to shave our budget so that the additional funds can be used to by materials!
- To use my shopping/pricematching/bargain hunter skills to find the materials at the lowest possible price.
- To use promotions to gain as many additional Air Miles, Aeroplan, whatever “rewards” that can be used for additional “house” stuff 🙂
- To stockpile as many items we will need over the next few years as the lowest possible price so that the “budgeted money” can also go to materials, labor, etc
- To investigate the “terms” of as many “first time home owners” refunds, energy efficient/eco rebates and/or discounts that are available.
- To make a list of “non skilled labour” projects we can do ourselves opposed to paying top dollar. Example……..no one sees primer on a wall once you apply the paint 🙂 I am fully capable of using a screwdriver to attach the wires and faceplate, etc to all the plug ins and switches . I don’t think I need to pay an electrician top dollar to use a screw driver for light switches!
- To investigate deals, rebates, etc on appliances, heating systems, etc
- To ensure our home as as energy efficient, eco friendly mortgage free home 🙂
Step one is location!
We need to find land! That’s what I’ll be doing. LUCKY for us a Coupon Nannie fan is also a real estate agent 🙂 She is going to keep her eyes peeled for us. I don’t mean to sound mean however I will also be checking the court house for any public auctions/bankruptcy/estate listings as well!
I’ll be sure to keep you up to date step by step…… Love suggestions, etc !
Fingers Crossed 🙂