Save TONS more Money before end of Month !!
I appreciate very much everyone who has sent me coupons, esp the expired ones 🙂 They will do a lot of good for many who need it 🙂 Having said that…… OMG people……your throwing out tons of FREE stuff!!! You should never have expired food coupons, especially for cereal, cereal bars, eggs, bread……. Not to mention free personal hygiene items. Than I began to think of my own coupon binders…..We need a better system!! We are getting sooooooooo Excited about the coupons we have and the deals right now……we are forgetting long term….which is where you really save the money. Think about it……….if All Stores stopped accepting coupons tomorrow…what would that do to your family? your lifestyle? your finances? your ability to contribute to your community……
I thought about my own life……and what would happen if there were no sales, promotions, rewards cards, coupons……..
- We would not be able to make personal hygiene items to the Woman’s Shelter
- We would not be able to help my 90 year old grandmother monthly by giving her items to help offset the cost of her new $90 a month phone falling and I can’t get up thingy
- We would not be able to provide 2 people in the community that are on disability with monthly food, cleaning and personal hygiene supplies.
- Our daughter and her boyfriend who are expecting would have a much higher financial strain with a baby coming if we were not able to get pampers and wipes free and win the contests with all the baby items we did. Which is not good for our daughter, or their relationship, especially being young and just starting out.
- We would not be able to help our families by providing items like cleaning supplies, vitamins, etc
- We would have more stress on our family worrying about groceries, and bills.
- We would eat less healthier as our grocery budget would be severely tightened.
- We would take less trips, less outings with kids, less family time.
- We wouldn’t be as healthy as we would need to eliminate some things from our lifestyle due to finances.
- We wouldn’t be able to help various charities such as food bank, Salvation Army, Cancer (the lady collecting used stamps), etc
- We would need to downgrade services such as TV, cell phones, etc
- Seasons like Christmas and other holidays would suffer 🙁
None of these things sound good. My boyfriend and I are fortunate to both have good paying, permanent secure employment with benefits and between us make over $100 000 a year. I am sure some of you are saying…..they don’t need to coupon….they have money…..Numbers are deceiving 🙁 Right off the top you can shave off $50 000 between our income tax, ei, can pension, union dues, pension plan, blah blah blah…….that’s the minimum we loose ……On a typical 2 week pay check, we each have approx. $1500 taken off our pays between us. We have 4 dogs and a cat. We have 4 children ages, 19, 16, 15 & 10. Our 19 year old has a boyfriend and they are expecting their first baby. We have a car and a truck, so yes we have car payments. We have household bills and other bills just like everyone else. I know the negative impact it would have on our families lives so I can’t imagine how it would be for those who struggle paycheck to paycheck or no paycheck at all.
It’s March and I know we are all thinking and waiting for warm summer weather to get out and have fun…….which is great 🙂 But Can be financially straining with kids home all the time eating more, wanting to do more stuff, etc With Warm weather we don’t want to think about cold and the last thing we want to think about is Christmas……..but……we need too as well. So……..Here is the plan 4 Parts 🙂
- Save Money by end of THIS month 🙂
- Save Money for summer 🙂
- Save Money for back to school 🙂
- Save Money for Christmas 🙂
- This is only the 22nd……….March 31st is still a bit away. Get your coupons out and check expiry.. Take every coupon that expires March 31st. If you don’t do trades (which there is still lots of time for) Get rid of bundles all at once. Example: Grocery Bundle, Have coupons for campbells soup, cheese, yougurt, bread all expiring end of month Get rid of all the same kind in one trade, That way 4 or 5 stamps should have you cleared out. If you don’t do trades and won’t use the coupons for sure, next time you go to the store, leave the coupons you don’t want on the shelves 🙂 Someone else will love the savings 🙂 Look threw your coupons and the products you do use put in a special evnie 🙂 Check flyers this week and try to get them used up, when you go shopping leave them at the store if you won’t use them someone else will 🙂
- Summer is coming and kids are out of school. There are several grants available to have your child’s sports fees and equipment bought for you:) (Soccer registration will be next month) Here are some resources who can pay fees and equipment for you htttp://www.kidsportcanada.ca/index.php as well as: http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/ . Your kids can bowl all summer for free: http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/ For older teenagers, Goodlife Fitness Centres offers free memberships to teens in the summer 🙂 www.goodlifefitness.com/ . During the summer months the movie theatres have $2 matinees on all the time 🙂 Picnic’s are great activities to plan with your toddlers 🙂 They are fun inexpensive outings 🙂 Most YMCA’s & Boy’s & Girls Clubs have applications to get summer camp fees drastically reduced or free so that your child or children can attend a day camp for a day or week 🙂 Many organizations also waive fees if you are able to volunteer a day or 2 as well 🙂 When I had my first child and was only 22, in the summer I would volunteer at the YMCA summer camp, it allowed my child to experience camp for free, allowed more children to attend due to more supervision and it lead into a paid job the next summer where I could still bring my child with me 🙂 Give your child their own binder with inserts 🙂 Let them decorate it they way they want but instead of putting coupon in it, they can put pretty leaves, or flowers. Cool rocks or things they find on your journeys 🙂 They are behind plastic in the inserts so they won’t get damaged 🙂 At end of the summer its a Great Scrap booking Project 🙂
- Don’t wait for school to end to start Back to School Shopping. Stores clear out last year’s inventory NOW so they have room for fancy new packaging for back to school. Pick up silly things as you go from clearance bins. At Staples last night they had zipper binders, regular over $10 on clearance for $5.49 if you buy one you get the 2nd of 1 cent 🙂 so $5.50 for 2 binders:) Clothes and winter stock are at rock bottom prices now 🙂 I know you don’t need those 50 cent fuzzy socks now but you’ll appreciate them in September 🙂 Last night I bought a winter hat and mittens for my granddaughter….. cost me $2 🙂 In the fall…..it would of cost me almost $20.
- Christmas 🙂 🙂 The time of the year we stress out most over finances when it should be about spending time with family and friends not being stressed. What if I told you that you can do MOST of your Xmas shopping for Free or Minimal cost. Be Creative! Last year for Xmas I made up Gift Baskets. I bought reusable baskets on sale at Wicker Emporium, which could be used for laundry baskets later:) One of my sisters is very much into whitening her teeth, her basket contained packages of white strips, whitening toothpaste, mouthwash, toothbrushes, floss, lip glosses from items I picked up free or next to free over the year. Bought some tissue paper and plastic decorative wrap and some ribbon 🙂 Volia 🙂 A Xmas gift that has everything she will use, a laundry basket for later and minimal wrapping to throw out and best off all a thoughtful unique gift based on her likes, complete with wrapping for under $10 🙂 Another sister who doesn’t live close but sometimes comes home for Xmas and travels lots and lots. What could I get her that’s thoughtful but isn’t going to be too heavy to take home on the flight. Oh Oh!! Got a large makeup bag on clearance for $2 at SDM…..filled it full of sample size everything 🙂 from toothpaste, to tooth brushes, shampoo, conditioner, lint brushes, tide, toilet seat covers, lotion, mouthwash, band aids…..She LOVED IT:) Said it was the most thoughtful gift ever 🙂 Now when she travels she has everything she needs 🙂 Lightweight:) My 90 year old grandmother who has everything 🙂 She also received a basket however her’s included a box of Tetley tea (her favourite), box of Splenda (she’s diabetic), Various bottles of ensure and boost in various flavors 🙂 A Brest Cancer Travel Mug (she’s a breast cancer survivor) I got at Giant Tiger for $1.50 down from $15, a mug with hearts (valentines clearance) for 35 cents. It also included a box of All Bran Bars, and other Diabetic cookies, etc that I got from coupons 🙂 My daughter drew a picture for her great grandmother and she put it in a beautiful picture frame she got at a yard sale 🙂 Lotion, Vitamins, Body wash 🙂 She was thrilled 🙂 So thoughtful to recognize her likes and needs:) My brother just moved out on his own 🙂 His basket was filled with cleaning stuff like laundry detergent, swifter, refills, dish detergent. Etc All the things he needs to start off living on his own 🙂 3 Sisters, 1 brother, Mother, Step Father, Grandmother, 2 family friends, Sister’s boyfriend Total cost for all gifts including wrapping $65 🙂 Retail Value….exceeded $1200 🙂
- When I flip threw my binders I see I do have many coupons that don’t expire until end of year and 2013, however when we look threw our binders and are on facebook we get all sucked in to the right now saving mind frame we don’t think far enough ahead. You will need 3 Envelopes 🙂 Go threw your binder and pull out coupons that have a long expiry date, that you have duplicates for and that you use. Example Oymel Chicken……expiry 2013……you have 5 in your binder…….take out 3 and put one in the Envie labled Summer, Back to School and Christmas. Do the same for all the others. I often see people say I use this buy have way too many coupons and trade them away and than next month are looking for those same coupons??? If you put even one coupon away in these 3 envies for products you use it will Save you tons in the long run. Put these envies in a safe place and add to them every week. Even if it’s just one coupon. You will thank yourself when back to school comes and you pull out your back to school envie and coupled with back to school sales……..you should be able to stock up with snacks, lunch items, etc and it be a very very minimal cost.:)
- **Increase savings more ** Get 3 boxes (why do I say boxes……..you cant see inside them unless you open it…out of sight out of mind 🙂 For any deals or coupons that need to be used before the end of the year..put away a goodie box…..example Nature Valley Granola bars are going on sale this week somewhere for $1.99 a box. I have 5 X $1 coupons. I will buy 5 boxes for $5 🙂 1 package will go in the Summer Box, 1 will go in the Back to School Box and 1 in the Xmas box and 2 in the cupboard 🙂 You won’t think of those 3 boxes you put away especially if you can’t see them. 🙂 Campbells Soup…..shouldn’t be hard with the sales to put 2 cans in each box 🙂 I know most people have 5 things of mustard in their stash lol It may not sound like much but if you put in Only 1 Item a week. If you opened your Summer Box July 1st – You would have a min of 14 ITEMS 🙂 If you Open your back to school box September 1st – You would have a min of 23 Items:) If you opened your Xmas box December 19th- You would have 40 ITEMS:) 🙂 That’s a Grocery Order pretty much 🙂
- ~~~***Want even more Savings***~~~ You need 4 Juice Can’s (take your coupons off them lol ) washed out and dried (do not remove the tops) Ensure there is slit in each one big enough to put change threw. You want the cover on it as you don’t want to cheat and take money out. This way you can only open the can when your ready 🙂 Write Pennies on one:) If you put all your pennies in it between now and Xmas I bet you’ll have enough to buy your Xmas Turkey or Ham :)………If you label 1….Back to School…..in that you put your nickels….By the time school starts…..I bet you have enough for book bag 🙂 The next one Summer……that’s your dimes 🙂 I’m not thinking about touching anyone’s laundry quarters 🙂 This is the most important one. Label this one “ME ME ME!!” From your savings on coupons, etc you are going to put 1 Loonie or 1 Toonie in a week. Whichever you can afford 🙂 This is your reward for your year long hard work. When they have the after Xmas mark downs you are to take this money and buy something JUST for you !!! If you start THIS week that’s either $41 or $82 for YOU YOU 🙂 You are not to buy anything for your house, your kids, your cupboards, your neighbors, your spouse. This is your reward for You for taking care of your family all year long 🙂 🙂