Declutter & Budget this month for the New Year; 2019 Financial goals . We all know we set goals for the New Year and rarely keep them and that is mostly as we have our selves set up for failure. Many people celebrated New Year’s Eve so their motivation to do anything the next day is slim to none and well if you screw up the first day why bother, right? January, a large majority of people have much less money as cheques came in early in December and are long spent, people over spent for the holidays so now they are paying for it.
Getting set up financially and decluttering your house can be done in limited time and done correctly if we do it little by little.
Each day we will post simple things to declutter, ways to get on track a bit more financially.
Moving Forward the Daily Decluttering Post will be found here!!
- Join Swagbucks It is a great way to earn gift cards. I earn hundreds of dollars in gift cards. I will be spending time this year to show us how to make the most. It is free so what do you have to loose? Start with the surveys and daily goals to start. I score 90% of my Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks.
- Make a quick list of your expenses such as rent, power, oil, internet.
- Grab copies of any of your bills that show how much you pay exactly and what you get for that amount. Example would be your cell bill.
- Start the 52 week challenge; form and details is here
- Gift card your way to next Christmas; True story check here
- Fix your credit. If you don’t know what you owe how can you fix it? Visit the article here
- Pays $3 per Survey! Easy. Visit here
- Check to see how you can have a December with no bills. Read about it here
- Collect Air Miles? Here are some tips to get started gathering more!
- Check and make sure you have the apps ; I have them all.
- Shoppers Voice’s is back. Make sure you get it filled out.
- Check out the coupon Networks to see what coupons are ready for this year so far!
- Check your monthly bills that you pulled out, twice See why
- If you have no joined Checkout51, make sure you do it on your device and your spouses to maximize your savings.
- $50 – Can save you thousands off your mortgage, no joke
- Great tips on how to reduce food waste. Why waste what you buy?
- While you have your bills out check your electric bill. Than click and read our article on how to reduce your power bill. You shouldn’t needed to pay more than necessary.
- Whoops It rang up at the wrong price, what price do you pay? What if I told FREE. Read about SCOP here
- A rain check can save you money. See how
- How to get the Most Value of your Fruits & Vegetables !
- Are you storing your food properly for the longest life and best taste?
- If you pay for cable services or satellite start a journal for the week. Keep track of what channel or network your watching, how often you watch something on that channel and than have a look at your cable or satellite bill and see if there are any places you can cut costs.
- Secret Tip: You can print 2 of each coupon per browser per computer Click here to start printing savings. **Please note Coupon Nannie earn 1 cent per coupon printed via this link.
- Follow Coupon Nannie on Twitter and you can see lots of extra contests, twitter parties and more
- Need a part for your car? Call the local junk yard. You can save hundreds of dollars. My husband needed a new tail gate for his truck, but going to the junk yard he saved a couple hundred dollars.
- Get to know when gas prices go up and down and fill your tank . In Nova Scotia, our gas prices go or down the day after New Brunswick and usually the same, so if they fall ours will.
- Ensure you go to the gas station that has the best “points” value or rewards. I use the one by the Super Store and get PC Plus Points. We have 2 vehicles in our home so getting the best bang for your buck is important to us.
- Buy a nail cutter, great deal here at amazon and do your own cat and dogs nails. You can save a ton of money than getting a vet to do it or a groomer. These are super easy to use.
- Brushing your cat and dogs teeth is great for their health and will keep them healthy longer. Amazon has great brushes
- Do not buy flea and tick medication at stores such as Walmart, etc. Always use vet recommended medication. You do not need to buy it from the vet, I save money and by mine here The medication on the shelf can hurt your your pets, they do not work and are dangerous to many pets. This is one of those areas where it is best to spend a bit more as you will save in the long run.
- Get to know when things go on sale at your favourite stores. I know my local Superstore; if I go first thing in the morning I can probably get yesterdays salads, pre made fruit bowls, and onsite juice; if I go after supper I can get marked down deli, bakery, and meat.
- Familiarize yourself with the colour of the discount stickers in the stores, Love our pink stickers at our Superstore means 50% off , where they keep their coupons (They have a coupon board as soon as you walk in the main store and have coupons under some products throughout the store)
- Familiarize yourself with what products often put products on the box such as Taco Kits, Cereal Boxes, Frozen Chicken products, Granola bars, etc. Often you can gain some great coupons such as $5.00 off vegetables, Free Juice, $$ off Chicken. If your buying the product anyways, you might as well grab the box that has the coupons on it.
- Register at Drop, if you shop at Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, McDonalds, Tim Hortons, you might as well earn points for gift cards.
- Why not get gift cards for scanning all your receipts regardless of what you buy? I do and score gift cards! Sign up here for free
- After you scan your receipt at the app above, scan it here for more points for more gift cards.
- Join Groupon to save on many things especially local things. I picked up some awesome deals for March break at over 50%off
- If you have children, familiarize yourself with what restaurants offer “Kids eat free” as often you an eat at a nice eat in restaurant for the same price as fast food with the Kids eat Free deal.
- Check your local restaurants websites, many have apps or coupons for free appetizers or other deals; many can be combined with “Kids eat Free” deals.
- Watch for local contest for your chance to win!
- Watch for our sponsored Giveaways for great contest.
- Check our Coupon Portal Frequently for new printed coupons. Remember you can print two per computer per browser.
- If you have a Sobeys, make sure you download your new Offers this week!
- If your have Airmiles, check on the app for new offers as well as for any stores such as Lawtons.
- PC Optimum Users!! Go into your app and you can save up to 4 offers!! It doesn’t effect new offers and doing so helps your offers become more customized.
- Know what stores your shop at and when and if you are eligible for discounts. Lawtons gives students, including those in grade 10-12, 10 % discount off everyday with a valid student ID.
- While many new deals start on Thursday or Friday a few start early, if it is your favourite store such as Giant Tiger, know that their flyer starts on Wednesday and you can see them anytime on reebee
- It’s a great time to start meal planning. If you can plan your meals around the deals, it can allow for a much more variety at a much lower cost. You don’t need to be perfect the first week. It takes time.
- If your going to use “jay” like clothes, grab them at the Dollarama but make sure you get them in the automotive section as you get 50 for the price of 5 in the kitchen section.
- Check the Dollarma for grocery prices on items such as spices and packaged gravy.
- Do not get caught up in the “Dollar Store” theme and just start loading your cart with items. There are many things you can get cheaper in the grocery store such as cleaners and people just get caught up.
- Check the Bulk Barn as the often have coupons in their flyer or online
- Buy items such as the small amounts of spices for specific recipes instead of the purchasing the entire bottle of a spice you will never use again.
- If you wanted to “try” items, this is the place to do it; you can buy very small amounts and if you do not like it you do not need to worry about dishing out a few bucks, you would have only spent a few cents.
- Cut open that toothpaste container; there is a few more uses in there.
- Put water in those shampoo & conditioner containers; you get a minimum of one good use.
- Laundry Detergent, Liquid Fabric Softer, etc, all of those add a little water and get that last bit out of the bottle; after all you paid for it.
- Add some vinegar and water in a bowl and soak wilted vegetables to freshen them up
- A handful of baking soda down the drain with a 1/2 cup of vinegar and close with a plug for 20 seconds. Rinse with hot water – To Unclog a drain.
- Clean and disinfect wood cutting boards with full strength vinegar.
- Fabric Softer Sheets – Cut them in 1/2 and you will still have lots of power.
- You can use them more than once so techinally you could get 4 uses at least from one.
- Used fabric softener sheets are awesome for cleaning mirrors, screens and such and leave them link free.