Our Decluttering Goals of 2019
It can be difficult to decide where to start, what to get rid of and what to do with it when you need to look at the big picture.
Decluttering your house can save you money, especially when you find those things you thought you lost, a pile of things you can resell or even things you can donate.
I had it all combined with our financial goals however fans asked for them to be separated. Whatever makes it easier.
Think of these sections to make life easier.
- Toss it – the bottom of the containers are not coming back, time to toss out some odd socks, and old underwear.
- Donate – food in your cupboard your not going to eat, clothing that could be useful to others that you don’t think you’re going to wear, blankets or old book bags are all great for shelter donations.
- Sell – we all have those items, clothes with tags still on them, items you bought that you don’t use anymore, these days with social media you can go to a local buy and sell site and put the item up for sale and make a few bucks.
- Store– store away those items you do not need like holiday decorations and seasonal clothing. You can use storage bins you purchase or at times Dollarama has great bags you can vacuum to make smaller. Try to put a fabric softener sheet in the bag or container to keep it smelling fresh. Seal containers and bags to keep the freshness in.
- Toss Expired Coupons (I know, it is hard)
- Toss Expired flyers, Catalogs & magazines
- Toss or file old receipts
- Check Kitchen Utensils – Clean this up, toss old
- Check the pantry and/or cupboard and toss and/or donate any old cans of food, the food you know one likes (sitter in the space longer won’t make anyone like it more)
- Pots & Pans -Time to do a general clean-up, organize and make nice again
- Check out the cleaning supplies
- Clean out Freezer & Fridge
- Clean out the cupboards in the kitchen & pantry that are left
- Hall Closet
- End Tables and/or Nightstands
- Holiday Decorations
- Laundry Area
- Mittens, Gloves, Scarves, Purses
- Craft Supplies/Stationery Item
- Sock Drawer
- Beauty products (yes it is time to let go)
- Sports/Outdoor Equipment
- Appliances such as Dishwasher, Washer, Dryer
- Under the sinks
- Stove and Oven
- Kitchen Counters and anything left in the kitchen
- Junk Drawer
- Step and walkway
- Time for your Clothes – Dresser
- Medicine Cabinet & Other Medications
- Old Mail
- Time for Children’s Dressers
- Clean out the File Cabinet and be great for New Year
- Clean Curtains & Blinds
- Your Closet
- Top of cupboards, fridges, shelves
- Bookshelf Time
- Kids Closets
- Vacuum out back of appliances, fridge, dryer, vents; You will be shocked!
- Clean out all Garbage, Recycle and Compost Containers